PLUMB LIBRARY RULES!
We try our best to keep the rules simple
Please be sure to bring your library card with you each time you visit the library.
1. Here are the loan periods for library material:
Books, Audio Books, Kits, Magazines = 2 weeks
Videos, DVDs, Music CDs, and CD-ROMS = 1 week
Museum Passes = 1 day
2. All library material may be checked out on any library card, regardless of the age of the cardholder.
3. Patrons may check out 20 items per card. There is a limit of five videos/DVDs and CD-ROM programs per card.
4. Patrons may renew most material except museum passes. You may renew in person or by phone during library hours, or via our online catalog, iBistro, at www.sailsinc.org. You should have your card with you when you renew items.
5. Reference and historical material are available for use in the library only.
6. Any Rochester resident is entitled to a library card. Children under 13 need the approval of a parent. When applying for a card, all applicants must provide proof of address.
7. Library fines will be charged when library materials are overdue. The rate for most items is $.05 cents per day for the days we are open. Fines on videos & DVD's are $.50 per day.
Computers & the Internet
1. Patrons may reserve computer time in advance if they wish. During periods of heavy computer use, the library reserves the right to limit use to 1/2 an hour if others are waiting.
2. The library provides free access to the Internet. Internet users of all ages must sign a user agreement form before using the Internet. Users under 18 must have a parent's signature as well, and users 10 and under must be supervised by an adult. The library is NOT responsible for the content or quality of material found on the Internet. Users who are unable to abide by the rules set forth in the user agreement form will be denied further access to the library's computer resources.
Unattended Children in the Library
The library welcomes children of all ages, and hopes that they will take advantage of the many programs and services the library has to offer. Parents should be aware that children under the age of 10 should not be left unattended in the library for any period of time. Children & young adults who are allowed to spend time by themselves at the library should be picked up at least 15 minutes prior to the closing of the library. Copies of the library's policy on unattended children are available at the desk.